What is the application process for LIFE?
- Go to 2022 LIFE application, complete, and submit
- Print and complete the DBVI Health Checklist Form and sign as parent/guardian where it says counselor signature. Then, attach the completed form to the DBVI General Medical Examination Form and take to the student’s physician or another medical professional to complete (must be dated not more than one year prior to the LIFE application submission date).
- Print the DBVI Eye Exam Report and have it completed by a medical professional (must be dated not more than one year prior to the LIFE application submission date)
*If a student attended a summer program at VRCBVI in the past, the health checklist and eye report form submitted for that program is acceptable, provided the parent(s) submit a statement that the student’s health and/or eye report information has not changed and is still accurate.
- Include a copy of the student’s current IEP
- Scan all completed forms and send to Brooke Rogers, Rogers@dbvi.virginia.gov or mail to 401 Azalea Ave., Richmond, VA 23227 – Attention: Brooke Rogers.
Please note: Only complete applications received by midnight May 8, 2022, will be considered. VRCBVI will not accept forms piecemeal; please submit your forms all attached to one email or all in the same envelope.
Here is a checklist of forms to be submitted once all are complete:
- DBVI Health Checklist Form,
- General Medical Examination Form,
- DBVI Eye Exam Report,
- student’s current IEP
- After the application deadline, all complete applications will be reviewed.
- All applicants will be notified by May 25, 2022, of their acceptance status.
- Students accepted into the LIFE program and their parent(s) will participate in an informational interview by phone with VRCBVI staff, which will be scheduled by Greg Chittum, Coordinator for Community Engagement.
- Get your application in quickly, as a maximum of 22* participants will be accepted into the program. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MAY 8, 2022.